On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, Howard Chan wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:50:29 +0800
> From: Howard Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Emc-users] connect 7i37 output pin problem
>
> Dear All,
> There are some questions about connection to 7I37 output pin. In the
> Figure.1, it shows to me what
> to connect the inputs signal in the servo AMP. I need connect a 'Servo
> ON' (37pin) pin in the amp, but it has a problem about the connection.
> Figure.1: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/2763181482_c3c4c66a38_o.png
>
> In the Figure.2, it is my connection method, is it correct?
> Figure.2: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/2762337603_e4257cc7fa_o.png
> I use this method, when I click a turn off and no button in the EMC2
> program, the servo cannot off until I disconnect O03 pins.

Thats correct, you have the + and - reversed so the 7I37 output is always on
(through the MOSFETS intrinsic diode)

> I am sure that my config is corrected.
> I change the line 'linksp Xenable => m5i20.0.out-08' to 'linksp Xenable
> => m5i20.0.out-03' in the m5i20_io.hal.

> When I reverse the O03+ and O03- pins, the servo always in 'Servo OFF'
> state.

This is the correct way, the problen now is likely that you dont have the 7I37
pin connected properly in your HAL file so you can control them (they are
always off).

Heres the way I would connect it

+5V to servo AMP pin 50
5V common to 03-
03+ to servo amp pin 37

> Would you mind telling me what to connect method correctly?
>
> Thank you very much!!
>
> Best Regards,
> Howard

Peter Wallace