On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:21:14 -0700, you wrote:

>If you have been machining that long and never crashed
>you are an exception.

No - Just careful. Last machine crash I saw cost $30k to fix, the two
people involved were both sacked.

>It is common knowledge that a new CNC lathe will
>not work properly until you smash that turret into the chuck.

Might be where you work, certainly not here.

>How can you not use a tool table?You must have parts
>that use only one tool or something.

Or something - CAM takes care of the offsets, nothing in the machines
tool tables, they just indicate which tool is which.

>What Chris is implementing is exactly right.

As long as it's not compulsory.

Steve Blackmore