Matt Shaver wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 13:45 -0800, Peter C. Wallace wrote:
>> 2. If 3.3V drive is not enough or its inconvenient to get 3.3V to the drive,
>> set the step and direction outputs into OPEN_DRAIN mode so you get a 5V swing
>
> Eric, do this, and use the 5 Volts from pin 49 of P4 on the 5i20 as the
> "opto supply" (P1:4 on the IMS483). Set W3 on the 5i20 board to the 5
> Volt position. I think this will make it work with any of your cables.

You can set any hostmot2 output pin to open drain like this:

setp hm2_5i20.0.gpio.XXX.is_opendrain 1

There's an example near the bottom of configs/hostmot2/hm2.hal.

Note that the name of GPIO HAL-pins recently changed in TRUNK.  In 2.2,
the "XXX" part of the name above is "<Connector>.<IONum>".  In TRUNK,
it's just "<IONum>".  Other than that it's all the same.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
sudden wind it stole my hat and i went on chasing it -- Gogol Bordello