Hi All,

I am currently at wits end and need some help from some people more
knowledgeable than I.

For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to customize GS2_vfd.c (as well as
modbus.c/.h) to work with my VFD which is a Huanyang HY02D223B. (The manual is
on CNCzone
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79285&d=1239132143)

Since I have only ever programmed in basic and that is only PicMicros, I am
finding this exceptionally difficult.  I have managed to fool (butcher) with it
plenty and get an output that would probably work if I could only decipher how
to read the input.  I am sure that I have gone about it all wrong and was
wondering if anyone had a modified driver that was more suited to my
requirements.

My VFD takes single requests and replies with single answers that is I can only
read one thing at a time.

To Read the programmed Frequency I need to send
[01][04][03][00][00][00][F0][4E]

[01] Slave address [04] read control status [03] request length [00] read set
Frequency [00 and 00] extra request padding [F0 4E] CRC

Generating the reply of
[01][04][03][00][03][E8][F0][F0] corresponding to 10.00Hz

If I want to know the frequency out of the vfd  I send
[01][04][03][01][00][00][A1][8E]
out amps is [01][04][03][02][00][00][51][8E] etc etc, until I have all the
values required

2 of the control requests are as follows
sent [01][03][01][08][F1][8E] Drive Stop
received [01][03][01][09][30][4E]

send [01][03][01][01][31][88] Drive run
receive [01][03][01][00][F0][48]

and to set the run frequency of the drive I send
[01][05][03][03][E8][00][73][8E] Set drive frequency 10.00 Hz
receive [01][05][02][03][E8][B8][72]
[01][05][03][13][88][00][5A][4B] set drive frequency 50.00 Hz
receive [01][05][02][13][88][B5][9A]

I though that I could nut this out so that I didn't have to bother anyone but
this is driving me crazy.  I tried to modify the classic ladder modbus routine
also but had no luck with that either.  If someone has a stripped down version
of the GS2 files that I may have better luck with I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jayson.

(Horsham, Australia)

Want to stay on top of your life online? Find out how with Windows Live!
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/