Michael Grundvig <m...@...> writes:

> Note: I posted this on CNCzone.com last night, but I think I'll get a better
response here. Sorry for the cross-post.

> I feel like a fool but I don't get the trick with tool-changing. I use CamBam
to create the gcode for a series of
> operations that require a couple of different endmills. I assign them
different tool IDs as part of the
> process. When I run the gcode, EMC2 prompts me to change the bits mid-
operation at the right time as
> expected. It gives me the little "change the tool" dialog with a continue
button. Pressing the continue
> button causes things to continue as expected.
>
> The problem is that I don't have control over the machine at that point to
actually change the endmill. I need
> to raise the z-axis to get the endmill into the collect and then I need to
touch off the z-axis. Any help or
> walk through of this process would be great as it's currently driving me
crazy.

> I've tried pausing the operation with the dialog up but I still don't get
manual control. I've also tried
> stopping the operation but I can't figure out how to get it to resume at the
line where it left off properly. I
> know this is probably something super simple and I'm being a fool but it's
> got
me stumped.

Hello Michael,

Which version of EMC2 are you running?

I EMC2 ver 2.3 and later versions, you can stop (not pause) and go to the
manual
operation tab, then jog around to touch-off (re-zero) for G54 or G55 or
whichever offset system you are using, then click on the line you want to
resume
and hit *resume machine at line* and away you go!

Tom