On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 12:18 -0400, Mike Cinquino wrote:
... snip
> Is there a specific link to info on tool changes in HAL?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Just in case it might be helpful, here is what I have done with my lathe
turret using a custom comp:
http://www.wallacecompany.com/cnc_lathe/HNC/emc2/

The comp needs to get a Park sensor feature as well as some time-outs
added for each state, but it there is enough here to make my turret
function.

If you already know the Ladder language, that may be the way to go.
Either way, you end up with HAL pins for invoking your tool changer and
then signaling that your changer finished. Just connect these in
your .hal file.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html