On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 19:08 +0000, andy pugh wrote:
> On 29 January 2012 18:43, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:
> > Regarding messing with the g-code interpreter, my vote is that g-code
> > should describe axis position, feedrate; and spindle speed and
> > direction, and little more. Everything else should be handled with CAM,
> > including canned cycles and such. Less is more.
>
> Which FOSS, Linux, CAM system would you suggest?

What little code I've created so far is done by hand, Qcad/dxf2gcode or
Synergy, but it's not LinuxCNC's fault that there aren't more choices.
In my opinion, g-code should be a script for telling the machine how to
operate, not a utility for creating or bypassing code. I just want to
float the Spartan ideal to try to help keep the interpreter and LinuxCNC
from getting bloated.

Over the years I've seen good enough software become bloated to the
point of needing other programs to make them usable again. I like
jumpers instead of Plug-N-Play.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html