Il giorno mer, 08/02/2012 alle 09.01 -0800, Kirk Wallace ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 17:08 +0100, Spiderdab wrote:
> > Hi, finally i'm trying to get my new Keling motors and drivers work,
> > together with a C35 BoB from cnc4pc.
> >
> > I wanted to use the charge-pump function (that, if i understood, act as
> > a watchdog), so i need a signal coming from LinuxCNC every 12,5 kHz, as
> > written in the manual.
>
> Mach uses a 12.5 kHz signal but I suspect the C35 will work with a wide
> range of frequency. A while back the maker of these breakout boards
> mention what the frequency range was, but I don't recall it now. An
> e-mail to CNC4PC support should give you an answer.
>
> In looking at the C35 manual, it looks like the charge pump input is
> from pin 17 on the DB25 parallel port connector, then goes to a charge
> pump detector. The detector's output then goes to the ENABLE terminal.
> So to enable the C35, one can either force the ENABLE terminal to 5
> Volts from outside, or have the charge pump detector drive it high
> internally. If the charge pump drives the ENABLE terminal high, one
> should be able to measure it at the terminal with a meter or resistor
> and LED. I don't have one of these boards, so I can't be sure of this.

Thanks for answering. The charge-pump works with the charge-pump rt
component into hal, i just wanted to gain some suggestion on using a
dedicated new thread or if it's ok to use base-thread.

Following your memory, i'll try to use also a different period for the
charge pump. let's say 10kHz, that is my base-thread.

Davide.