On Sat, 2012-02-25 at 18:24 +0200, Viesturs Lācis wrote:
> 2012/2/25 Lee Osborne <l...@lomach.com>:
> > Hi
> >
> >   Can anyone help with making a user m code for a digital output on a
> > mesa 5i20, 7i33 and 7i37 set up.  I have managed to get all the servos
... snip
> Firstly, is it hm2_5i20.0.gpio.0042.out or  hm2_5i20.0.gpio.042.out?
> AFAIK the pin number is 3-digit.
>
> Secondly, what do You have in HAL file?
> You need to specify, that gpio.042  is output pin like this:
> setp hm2_5i20.0.gpio.042.is_output True
>
> Thirdly, is there any particular reason not to use M commands that are
> dedicated for output controls from g-code?
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode_main.html#sec:M62-to-M65
>
> Simply link the hm2_5i20.0.gpio.042.out to motion.digital-out-00 (or
> 01, 02 etc, if You need more outputs for M62-65 commands).
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config_emc2hal.html#r1_1_2
>
> Viesturs

Lee, what kind of changer do you have? It's not hard to create a comp or
Ladder program to handle tool changers with the normal Tx M6 codes. I
use M codes to pin bang my lathe's collet closer and other functions and
it's a pain to the butt to remember what M code to use, plus you get
g-code that will only work with that one machine. My tool changer comp
is here:
http://www.wallacecompany.com/cnc_lathe/HNC/emc2/turret.comp

I've learned a bit since I made this comp and I should update it, but it
works okay for now.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html