On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:39:33 AM Eric H. Johnson did opine:

> Gene, et al,
>
> Is SUBROUTINE_PATH new to 2.5?

I hadn't tried to look in the docs yet except deep enough to find that a
loadable subroutine HAD to be in the nc_files directory.  I was looking for
the reason that a loadable routine was not being found when it was in the
same subdir off nc_files that I had put all the pcb2gcode output files
into.

Like most of us, my nc_files directory has turned into a junk yard, with
much of it needing sorted into subdirs that are named more descriptive of
what this group might be able to do, like the carving of mortises and
tenons when I'm making furniture.

> I just noticed the reference I found was
> in the 2.5 version of the Integrator manual, but it does not appear in
> the 2.4 version. I am currently using 2.4.6 (or is it 2.4.7 reporting
> that it is 2.4.6). At any rate, I found it through a search, but see
> that the link on the main wiki page
> (http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl) seems to be broken.
>
> In fact, the links to the Getting Started Guide, User Manual, Integrator
> Manual and French User Manual all appear to be broken. Is this a known
> issue?

This could be the name changing damage, which will get sorted eventually.

> At any rate, for the time being I think I can just change the file
> attributes to require a sudo to change or delete the subroutine files.
> The main purpose of putting them into another file is to make sure they
> don't get deleted in the event someone goes through and starts cleaning
> up files in the nc_files folder.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>

> Unless that extra path you spec now works (it didn't as of about 2 days
> ago's 2.6.0 pre) any o word files you call, must be in the specified
> nc_files directory.  Note that's only a semi-qualified 'must' as I have
> not attempted to make it use a complete /path/list/to/file.ngc, which
> may work if you don't make too many typu's with all that typing.  :)

Cheers, Gene
"If you ever want to get anywhere in politics, my boy, you're going to
have to get a toehold in the public eye."