John,

Sorry for the delay as I have been really busy.

I looked and I could not find a picture of the exact item.

Does your reactor look something like this?

http://support.automation.siemens.com/US/llisapi.dll/23176538?func=ll&objId=23176538&objAction=csViewTD&nodeid0=10803928&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&viewreg=US&prodLstObjId=23176538&prodLstStart=28141&prodLstSort=-DOCBETREFF

If so, you should be able to remove that and not cause any problems.
Those are typically used to keep from pumping noise into the powerline.
It sounds like the reactor is interacting with the capacitors on your
phase converter (resonating).

Not having the reactor in the system may cause a lot of extra current
through the capacitors on your phase converter..  as the high frequency
noise may back up into those capacitors from the drive power section.

But I would try it out and watch things closely.

The other option to try and narrow down the problems is to bring in a
big generator and power up your machine on that and see if you still
have problems.

Dave