On 22 May 2012 07:53, Rafael Skodlar <ra...@linwin.com> wrote:

> Using Cat-5 was a surprise to me as it's a bit stiff unless each wire is
> made of even smaller wires, not common in general use.

There is solid stranded for fixed installation and stranded for patch cables.
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/cables-wires/network-communication-cable/cat5e-cable/?searchTerm=cat5
The stranded would be very much preferred.

There are many other types of multicore cable, it is just that CAT5 is
readily available.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.