On 5/22/2012 5:19 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 22 May 2012 22:17, Kent A. Reed<kentallanr...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> While Ubuntu Linux 10.04 can be installed, functionality is limited and
>> hardware graphics acceleration does not work. Because there are no
>> drivers for the PowerVR graphics chip, the OS uses the generic VESA
>> driver for X.org,
> Software-OpenGL and Vesa graphics are both common suggestions for
> reducing latency problems, so that might actually be a plus for us,
> especially if the problems make them very cheap :-)

True, True, and at these current board speeds they no longer feel like
constraints.

More important for me is the continued presence of a VGA port when I'm
using the onboard graphics. I'm sure VGA will soon disappear altogether
since most of the home theater crowd no longer has a need. Not a game
stopper, just another irritant for those of us with antiquated hardware
begging to be reused.

Of course there's still the BIOS lying in wait. The DN2800MT BIOS has
gone through 3 revisions already. So far, none of the issues that have
been fixed look like they would affect us.

At the risk of boring y'all, I'll quote Ronald Reagan once again "Trust
but verify."

Regards,
Kent