From: Viesturs Lācis [mailto:viesturs.la...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 4:07 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] [Off] Ballscrew Support?

2012/7/23 Todd Zuercher <to...@pgrahamdunn.com>:
> Our first of these two machines actually had the racks and pinions replaced
> while still under factory warranty.  We are only cutting MDF with them (just
> lots of it).  The flaws I see with the machines are, spring loaded engagement
> of the pinion to rack, (lets pinion pull out of rack under heavy loads (like
> rapid accel), support bearings for the pinions and transmission shafts are to
> close together and overloaded.  I don't want to start dissing the
> Manufacturer they have stood behind the product, the machine design just
> isn't well suited for us and our application.

Just out of curiousity: have You considered rebuilding it, making that
shaft longer and increasing distance between bearings and even put
"stronger" bearings there? I am sure that in longer term it would
provide cost savings - less downtime, less parts to replace etc.

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto