On Wed, 1 May 2013 07:50:47 -0400, you wrote:

>Captains of the industry are not betting big dollars on the electric cars.
>The government is, and we all know how well they do venture capitalism.

Of course they are not, they are happier ripping people off with high
fuel costs rather than updating the USA's third world power grid. All
governments are conniving inveterate liars in the pockets of the rich
and powerful.

Some years ago I worked for a large multinational company, who I can't
name for legal reasons. One of the many things they were working on were
more efficient fossil fuel engines. They had a 2litre Diesel engine that
was capable of 200 mpg plus and they had it working fine in a popular
large saloon car as a demonstrator. NO car manufacturer would take it
on. Pressure from fuel companies and governments was unofficially cited
as the reason by the guys in the development team. The thing was
mothballed, and I'm sure it's not the first time it happened, or the
last. Other projects had been canned as they would increase the life of
a product many fold which scared the manufacturers as their sales would
be too badly damaged.

Steve Blackmore