On 2/25/2014 8:16 AM, Dave Cole wrote:

> I'm sure it would depend upon how Xylotex or others are implementing
> their cape..
>
> BTW, I'm curious; Does anyone know who came up with the term "cape" ??
> That seems totally non-obvious to me, compared to "add-on board",
> "daughter board", etc.
> Did that arrive out of a language translation?  Or was that a TI
> invention.   I used to work for TI long ago and some of those guys lived
> a little over the edge.   ;-)

It's a twist on "shield" from the Arduino world.  The Beagle folks
wanted a new term to avoid confusion with existing sheilds, and you
apparently can't just call it a daughter-card or add-on-module because
the target audience is creative types who need to be shielded (pun
intended) from such harsh real-world concepts.  :)

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net