On 2/26/2014 8:10 AM, Mark Tucker wrote:

> This is my first attempt at merging the hal files and ini files
> following discussions over the crackling motors.
> Using 7i76e.zip from Peter Wallace
> I have attatched the Hal and ini file.
> All i get is no movement and a joint following error. Could anyone have
> a look and see if there is anything obvious?.
> Not sure if the files will be stripped from the post?

I don't have time to fully review your changes, but you have to put the
stepgen code in velocity mode or it will continue tracking the
position_cmd and ignore the velocity_cmd.  There is a control-type HAL
pin that needs to be set to true (1) to put the stepgen in velocity
mode.  I didn't see that you were doing this in your HAL file, which
would definitely cause problems.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net