On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 18:15:29 +0100, you wrote:

>When I've learned something about hardware interfaces and reliability in the
>past two or three years then it is to stay as far away from USB as possible
>whenever something else than a classical HID (Mouse, keyboard, flash drive,
>etc.) should be connected to a computer.

A bit of a sweeping statement :)

There are good USB based controllers out there that work perfectly well.
All depends on good hardware design and how the software/firmware uses
it. The majority are poorly implemented and poor PC setup also
contributes a fair amount of problems. In windows most don't turn off
hardware power saving and then moan when the USB port goes to sleep. In
fact the majority aren't even aware it exists or where to find it! BTW -
same applies to ethernet ports ;)

Steve Blackmore