On 3/10/2014 10:30 AM, Dave Cole wrote:

> I'm trying to start up a BBB with Charles' uSD image.
>
> I don't have a micro HDMI cable yet, but one is on the way.
>
> I believe that DHCP is enabled by default?
>
> If that is the case I should be able to SSH to it immediately after it
> boots, is that correct?

Yes, DHCP is enabled by default, as is SSH.  The first boot takes a
while since it's generating new ssh keys, but you should be able to
login remotely once it comes up.

> I can't see its address as it logs into my router, but the router I am
> using doesn't always accurate report the connections.

nmap -sP <local network IP range>

:)

Once you get into the system, you might want to verify the kernel
version.  You might need to upgrade, there was a problem for a while
with the kernel not running at full speed (cat /proc/cpuinfo to check
the CPU speed).  If you're not running close to 1 GHz, grab the -bone39
or -bone41 kernel from:

http://www.machinekit.net/deb/wheezy-armhf/

--
Charles Steinkuehler