On Thu, 1 May 2014 18:56:23 -0400, you wrote:

>Thanks to everybody for the information. If anything it helped me
>understand the nature of servos better as I've been sitting here tweaking
>the machine.

>So it has something to do with some sort of lag in the servo driver. I'll
>be emailing leadshine with my fingers crossed hoping they can help.

Here are the Specs

 Position following error : +/-1 count
 Velocity accuracy: +/-2rpm
 Maximum acceleration speed (No Load) : 80 rpm/ms2
 Input frequency up to 600 kHz
 Maximum speed : 4000 rpm
 Allowable low speed reaches1 rpm
 Positioning accuracy :+/-1 count
 Suitable for 18 - 80 VDC AC servo

Are you within them?

Have you used the available tuning software using the serial connection
to the drive? If not you need to to see what's going on and tune it
properly. You will need to adjust the Kp, Kd and Vp parameters. All
explained in the software manual.

Steve Blackmore