On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:08:00 -0400, you wrote:

>I can understand your frustration.
>
>However, maybe a differences in our characters - and this is not a
>complaint or put-down. I ponder and dig and experiment and learn. My wife's
>always saying "quit pondering and just do it" - and many times she's right.

Hi John

I'm soon to get my workshop back after over a year of it being full of
my sons house contents which gives me my mill and lathe back. I've done
a lot of pondering during that time :) The only machine I've had access
to is my Router. That now runs using Bert Edings CPU-5B - runs far, far
better than it ever did with either Mach or LinuxCNC.

Lack of progress with Mach4 or LinuxCNC looks like it going to force me
down a similar path.

The mill, I'll probably go with the same setup as the router.

Lathe's a different story, Bert's stuff wont take an encoder input, so
lathes no better than Mach. LinuxCNC has it own problems.

I'm looking at a Fanuc, Siemens or Chinese controller for that. I need
to make some money again, not fart about learning how to program
software or do development work - unfortunately cost is going to delay
any payback a bit but I've plenty of work to go at.

Anyway - I'll leave you Linux guys to prevaricate and dither and get on
with actually making things.

Steve Blackmore