On 10/19/2016 4:56 PM, Charles Buckley wrote:
> The only knock I have on beaglebone black is that the manufacturer does not
> seem to be supportive of its growth and development. Looks like they are
> going a different direction. We should have seen a version with more RAM by
> this point or other improvements. The black was released in Apr 2013 and it
> has been 3.5 years and that is an age for SBC's.

The X15 is coming soon (I've already got one, and non-FCC approved
versions are available to purchase).  It's got a seriously faster CPU,
four PRU cores, and floating-point DSPs (HAL "islands" running on
dedicated DSP cores anyone?!?).  The main thing that will probably
suck is the same as the BeagleBone: graphics performance.  Mainly
because the closed-source drivers don't play nice with open-source
Linux distribution releases.  There's typically just _barely_ enough
to get EGL acceleration working for Android, and nothing else.  :-/

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net