On 12/13/2018 3:36 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 at 20:58, yomin estiven jaramillo munera
> <yejm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> is genserkins suitable for what i wannna do?
>
> It should be, it is meant to work for any serial robot.
>
>> where can i find information to set genserkins?
>
> This might be all that there is..
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/kins.9.html
>
> You might be able to glean more by looking at the source code:
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/src/emc/kinematics/genserkins.c

I had a hard time getting genserkins working, but it is usable.

As mentioned in the man page above, the code follows the DH
conventions of John J Craig in "Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics
and Control" (you can find pdf copies online if you search, which I
found to be very helpful).  What the man page _doesn't_ say is that
this convention is referred to as "Modified DH Parameters" by most of
the rest of the world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denavit%E2%80%93Hartenberg_parameters#Modified_DH_parameters

If you try to use "standard" DH parameters with genserkins, Bad Things
will happen.  :)

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net