On 02/06/2021 04:50 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

My patience with the GO704 is about used up. I've the sheckles now to
replace it with something that might be better, and this one looks as if
it might scratch the itch. I'd like to get a bridgeport style but simply
do not have the room for it in the garage.

<https://www.ebay.com/itm/153638163890>
Well, I see a few issues. First, it has an MT4 spindle taper. Really, for this size machine, you want an R8 taper, vastly more tooling is available for it. Or, an NMTB30 taper, but that will
make the holders more expensive.

Top spindle speed is 2100 RPM. That's WAY too slow. I am limited to 2800 RPM on my 1J Bridgeport without overspeeding the motor, and I find that to be a limitation.

It has a 3 phase motor, but a VFD will take care of that. I assume it has Acme or sqare-thread screws. For a CNC retrofit, you really want ballscrews, why not find a machine that comes with them from the factory?

Jon