On 02/10/2021 07:08 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
But is the error also in degrees? The halsope is measuriing volts and I have not found anyplace where it states the error is in the same sized unit the rest of that particular servo is using. And, if its degrres I should have tripped a coup le dozen or more times while playing as I'm seeing very short term peaks that are 2x that setting.. Thank you Jon. Cheers, Gene Heskett
Halscope measures "Units". It has no idea what they mean. Position and following error are in "user units", ie. whatever you have defined them with in your SCALE parameters in the .ini file. Velocities are in user units/second, except encoder deltas are in counts/servo period.

So, looking at PID_ERROR with Halscope, with a scale of 200u, and assuming inch units,
that means one vertical division is 200 uInch, or 0.0002 inch.

The only place Volts really show up is in velocity DAC commands, where a properly scaled DAC driver would show the same thing as a physical analog scope hooked to the DAC output.

Jon