On 03/02/2021 08:11 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
I've followed the directions in this link.
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Adding_Custom_MDI_Buttons

LinuxCNC fails on start up if I include this line in the postgui.hal file.
net remote-rapid-to-home halui.mdi-command-00 <= pyvcp.rapid-to-home

If you run LinuxCNC from the command line, you should get a specific message about what on that line was wrong. But, you could also use hal configure or even halmeter to look for the two hal pins at the end of that command line. I'd give about 90% chance that one of these hal pin names is either mistyped or doesn't exist due to something not having been loaded with the loadrt or loaduser command. Once you know which of the pins is missing, you can search for why it did not get exported. The other possibility is you are trying to connect two output or input pins together. Every net should have one output pin and as many input pins as needed. The only exception is where two inout pins are connected.

Jon