https://www.toolots.com/quality-ezcad-jpt-30w-fiber-laser-engraver-marking-machine-for-metal.html?cid=10310162125&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkY-kjNaU7wIVEz2tBh35iAhYEAQYBCABEgJiv_D_BwE

Others seem to use more power; like 80 to 100 w but not necessarily FO.

Dave

On 3/3/21 9:34 AM, Curtis Dutton wrote:
I have an ongoing job engraving stainless steel plaques that are at most
4.5" square. Currently we are doing them in the CNC router. Very simple
markings just digits and letters. Engraved to about a depth of 10 to 15
thousands of an inch with a spot drill.

This is becoming a fairly regular job and I'm thinking about building a
dedicated machine for it. I could build a very little simple milling type
machine but I'd like to consider a fiber laser for doing it.

It looks like there are some machines that could perform the engraving but
I'm not sure what sort of wattage level would be appropriate. Obviously the
more power, the faster it can engrave but how much would be adequate and
how much power would be overkill.

Does anyone have any resource or recommendations about fiber lasers? I use
a CO2 laser daily for engraving wood, but I have never been around a fiber
laser.

Thanks,
    Curt