Hi,
After much fuss due to a bad assumption I made I finally managed to flash the 7i90 for spi. Easy when you do it right.

However, loading an OS isn't going well:
Download a buster image as a .zip. Unpack to get an .img.
dd .img to 32G SD, stick in slot and power up.
I get 4 blinks ( no elf ) and messages on screen that complain about no bootxxxxxx.txt and elf and elf4 missing. So I asking for help. I think I need a 7l kernel and uspace. Instructions styled for a dummy (I don't seem to be getting any smarter with age) should move this along.  That is what to download and then move it to a 32G SD.
I've  spent way too much time spinning my wheels in the mud.
TIA.

Dave