On 05/04/2021 09:16 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
From: Jon Elson [mailto:el...@pico-systems.com]
On 05/04/2021 07:26 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
I thought I'd try that on my LinuxCNC system.  With or without sudo it does
print a list of all the devices but it doesn't tell me the
actual port address of the standard port on the machine (0x378) which I know
because when I dual boot it into MACH3 instead of
Linux and move the parallel port cable from the MESA to the back of the machine
it works with that address.

To get the port addresses, you need lspci -v

Jon

Interesting.  Hadn't thought to use verbose.  What's even more interesting is
my parallel port doesn't show up in the list.

Is it actually on the PCI bus? On older motherboards, they were on a multi-IO chip on, essentially, an internal ISA bus bridge. These chips usually had 1 parallel, 2 serial, floppy and game (joystick) port.

Jon