Hi all,
Everyone has their own favorite way of workholding.  Without good work holding nothing good follows. Thin angle stock I clamp in the vise with a rectangular block as suggested below. However, my most common approach is to bolt it down usually with 1/4" shcs, which implies gr 8. If I think I need better position control then drill and ream for dowel pins at +.0005 to +001" plus bolts to hold vertically. Or since 95% of my work is with steel, or if I get frustrated just weld it to a plate which get bolted to the bed. Good workholding burns a lot of time but is absolutely necessary. Duh!

Milling cutters: usually TiAlN sans coolant. I've not tried AlCrN coated but a local machine shop is getting a mile of path length/cutter! That is a lot of chips. Speeds and feeds: what every you can get away with. With my little machine (BP size 1963 vintage) 0.05" axial is about all I can get with out it screaming at me. But I will use as much doc as I can get without screaming.

I still have no solution for the needle sharp chips I get with conventional cutters.

Cutter comp = yes. Rough with tool dia 0.04 over the real dia. Hard to get in trouble that way. Edit tool table or change tool  number for successive passes.
Spring pass as necessary.

Chip removal: compressed air or vacuum or both like the dental hygienist does for cleaning.  OK for one-offs but production needs a better idea.

That's my tuppence; machining is an adaptive and dynamic process.

Dave