On Friday, 15 April 2022 15:21:27 EDT Peter C. Wallace wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2022, gene heskett wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:38:03 -0400
> > From: gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> >
> >     <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> >
> > To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
> > <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Subject: [Emc-users] For Peter
> > Wallace
> >
> > Hi Peter;
> >
> > It looks as if the inavailability of the high voltage op-amp I was
> > going to use will make me use just a part of the a/d range of a
> > 7i76D first 4 inputs.
> >
> > And, the relative lack of data for the MAP sensor I have two of,
> > might be a limitation too. The data is sparse, but what has me
> > thinking is the maximum current available at its output is shown as
> > .1 milliamp, at full scale which would roughly correspond to around
> > 23 psig, or 38 psia, which is what its actually measureing.  And I
> > want to regulate the pwm to a bank of teeny conpressors that can do
> > at least 10 psig, to around 4 or 5 psig.  So rangewise its doable.
> >
> > Since the max output currant is .1 milliamps, and I need to subtract
> > ambient pressure from whatever I measure when the conpressors are
> > off.
> > This isn't super critical and its something I can do in the setup for
> > the program.
> >
> > So my question then is how big a load is the a/d when doing the a/d
> > for for a 2 to 3 volt signal from the MAP sensor?
> >
> > Thanks Peter.
>
> The 7I76 field input load impedance for you (older) card woud be about
> 20K Ohms If you dont need full scale, then a standard op amp buffer
> would do.
>
> I do have a proto 7IA0 you might be able to use. It has 4x 0-3.3V
> analog inputs (buffered so basically infinite impedance) free for cost
> of shipping, but its a big card so not suitable if you are saving
> space

And that box is only for the 7i76D and a modified 5 axis bob. With smal
psu's under the boards. Anything bigger is a new box for that whole
maryann.

This stuff is going to be hid in the driver box, I'm printing the buck
mount now, and the compressors dual BTS-7960 is next. Basicly square pads
I'll glue down, with pillars to hold the boards off ground contact.  With
input load that heavy I wonder if I'll wind up measuring the MAP sensors
output current.  Some additiional math in hal might be needed w/o the op-
amp. Dead accurate not required, but repeatability would be nice.  The
MAP I think is probably typical, its an NXP-MPX4250A. About 5 years old
now-a-days. Once I get it built and installed, I might come back for more
advice.

Thanks Peter, take care and stay well.

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
> > --
> > soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
> > If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> > respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis

> Peter Wallace
> Mesa Electronics
>
> (\__/)
> (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
> (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis