Indeed!  Positional is critcal and useful.

On 5/12/22 2:07 PM, Gregg Eshelman via Emc-users wrote:
Go traffic lights in Japan used to be blue. There may still be some blue ones
in out of the way places. When the country adopted the international color
standard for traffic light colors, supposedly their department in charge of
such things chose the bluest shade of green they could get by with.

The plain old traffic light can be a bother for people who are red-green color
blind. They have to note the position of the light rather than the color. Might
be more of an issue with horizontally positioned ones, especially when at a big
intersection with multiple lanes and lights.

What you don't want to do is drive with red sunglasses that are the perfect
shade to 100% block the color of stop lights. Can't tell they're on at all so
you have to know that when you see no lights, the red one is on.

On Thursday, May 12, 2022, 08:21:29 AM MDT, Chris Albertson