Hi Roland,
I thought about using a friend but I tend to outlive them. Lost a couple lately that would have been ideal. That is the trouble with getting old. ;-) If the machine were in a nice open shop where just running in a tall forklift and picking up the transmission, etc and lifting it off to the side it indeed would be easier. What would have been not too difficult 10 years ago is somewhat intimidating now.
'Sides I'm not the best supervisor.
Still thanks for the idea.

Dave