From: Todd Zuercher <to...@pgrahamdunn.com>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2023 4:21 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Installing From Debian?

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] Be sure links are safe.

Karl,

Have you tried installing Debian using one of the Bookworm live ISOs?  I have,
and the Mate version I downloaded on 3/30/2023 is definitely borked.  I don't
remember and didn't take notes of the actual details of the problems.  (and
I've since wiped that install.)  It would run live fine, install and run fine,
install new software from the repos fine, but could not install a new kernel
via apt-get or Synaptic (same thing really).  I didn't' bother putting much
effort into finding or fixing the problem.

I have it installing again on a spare old harddrive to check out exactly what
the problems were.

The system I installed on was an older Lenovo desktop with an i5 (not sure the
exact model.)  I don't have a rbpi or any other arm devices.

Todd Zuercher
P. Graham Dunn Inc.
630 Henry Street
Dalton, Ohio 44618