On 12/14/23 06:25, andy pugh wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 at 03:39, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

That seems to get the key, but possibly errs in where it is put?

gpg: key 3CB9FD148F374FEF: public key "EMC Archive Signing Key
<emc-bo...@linuxcnc.org>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1
deleting temp files

This is _a_ key successfully imported.

But it might not be the one you want. Depending on what you want.

This is the archive signing key (www.linuxcnc.org/dists) and it is
possible that you want the buildbot key. Or the other buildbot key.

yes and yes.

the /etc/apt/keyrings subdir is empty, and the

They now go in /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d (probably. I am not sure which
OS you are using)
debian bookwom, and trusted.gpg.d has only debian keys.

Why do you think you need keys if the packages you want don't exist?
I can see the pkgs there with apt, but w/o the key, that key quoted, it won't update or install. The key it downloads, and the key it claims is missing are the same key.

Thanks Andy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis