On 1/3/24 17:03, andy pugh wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 at 19:17, andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well I have a lot of capto c6 tooling and I would love to be able to make
my own tooling

Not sure on dimensions though

I bought a C3 tool from eBay to find out, and it does actually appear
to be a variant of the Reuleaux triangle, in that the gauge line
measures exactly 22.00mm no matter what angle is is measured at.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuleaux_triangle

This means that the large and small arcs are tangent to each other,
which requires that their centres lie on a perpendicular line, and
that in turn means that the arc centres of small and large arcs must
be coincident.

So, drawing it up in CAD we get:

C3 - 32mm Dm = 22 Rmaj = 15.525 Rmin = 6.475
C4 - 40mm Dm = 28 Rmaj = 19.818 Rmin = 8.182
C5 - 50mm Dm = 35 Rmaj = 24.740 Rmin = 10.260
C6 - 63mm Dm = 44 Rmaj = 31.050 Rmin = 12.950
C7 - 80mm Dm = 55 Rmaj = 40.428 Rmin = 14.572

If the mailing list lets it through, the attached image shows the
construction of the profile for C6 (large end)

mailing list did fine, Andy. Is there also a z taper?

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis