Is there a way to bring out a tool offset to a hal pin?

Here is a better description of what I'm trying to do.  On this gang router
machine I'm working on.  I created an extra joint for each of the 8 stepper
motors that move each of the 8 spindle Z axis.  In the config I have the Z axis
connected to a dummy joint that doesn't actually do anything.  I have 8 enable
signals from a gladevcp that can turn on/off each spindle.  When a spindle is
enabled the spindle run signal is connected to the VFD for that spindle, and
the position command from the dummy Z axis joint is connected to that spindle's
extra Z-axis joint plus an offset.  I want to use that offset to adjust for
tool and material height differences between each of the spindles.  When the
spindle is disabled, the spindle's extra joint is moved up to it's "zero" home
position and the VFD is disabled.

I want the machine operator to both be able to manually make adjustments to
that offset between the Z-axis command and extra spindle joint, and be able to
use a probing routine to touch off the tool using a touch probe.  Initially I
thought it would work well to use 8 tool offsets for this, but I'm unsure of
the best way to put those tool offset values on hal pins to connect them to the
offset pins.  The machine will not be using T codes or G43 tool offsets in the
G-code, so using the tool table in not quite the normal fashion shouldn't cause
any problems.

Todd Zuercher
P. Graham Dunn Inc.<http://www.pgrahamdunn.com/index.php>
630 Henry Street