On 5/10/24 14:27, Linden wrote:
I have used clonezilla and DD for both back up and restore. Some where I have
an interactive bash scripted I wrote for using DD. In the past when going from
a small drive to a new larger drive the most reliable way I found was to use DD
to clone and move the data and the use gparted to expand the partitions. Not
the most elegant solution but has worked for me in the past. Just a thought
might be worth looking at.

I've considered that myself, but it feels sorta kludgy to me. But done in that sequence it should work. I'm in the middle of a different $$project ATM so it will be at least a month before I get to that. Thanks.