this is a very beautiful evocation of bridges (in Gloria' Anazaldua's writing)
and
the transformation you address, Christina.
thanks for recallng Anzaldua,
she was an inportant inspiration in the 90s for many for us.

thanks also for sending me a link to your video, "soda lake (unbound'),
which i first couldn't watch as our network here in the Mine was too slow,
and so it stopped, after a few seconds, a black and white ghostly panorama
of a figure, a women perhaps, or a man, trying to open some tent or sail
or heavy parachute that might have dropped her/him from skies to shores
of desert or ocean in white (salt lake) or outdoors somewhere,  frozen.

when the film started to move again (the network here being fickle) i am spell
bound
by the movement in this film: broken up into  5 parallel (horizontally placed)
film frames
in almost constant motion and some less so (slowed, then blurred forward),
the center frame seems a bit larger  (but changes place on occasion)
and over the rustling sounds (the parachute that  is being unfolded or the tent
that is constructed or some not yet known
da Vincian flying apparatus or perhaps fishing device) are unfolding an
uncertain plot , uncertain emtotions, there is no resolution for this person
there on this
beach-head or sky-line, the unfolding  seems unsuccessful but perhaps
it is the contrary as i do not know the purpose of the flying apparatus,
or modes of preparing the
flying machine,

and at the end the breath of the dance of this effort
and the gliding motion of this split screen film finally become smaller and
smaller, a little windown in the black center of things, and pfffh, it is gone.

this is quite an unusual and thrilling, mysterious film noir dance video,
the protagonist is a woman, but one cannot be sure,
i recognize a tattoo  and the effort of the
labor in the sky, the effort seems real,
the meaning of the dance osbcured and multiplied
in the segmentational transitions.

PS
dear Robert,  thanks for your reply, i need time to answer, I think i was a bit
casual on purpose,
as i am not in the filed you mention (for which you think October is relevant);
I read Douglas Crimp
but not only in the autumn,
and for AIDS activism, high academic jargon never much mattered, I'd think.

regards
Johannes