dear all, dear Christina

now you've moved from the stuffed MGM logo lion via
Foucault on ethics to "newstweek" proposing the manipulation and falsification
of news content.

This could just as equally be performed in any cafe, school, library or airport
with a remote user logging
in and manipulating news content read by wireless network users>>

I am not sure why you'd want to go there.

"Leaking" information of a certain kind (private, confidential, classified)  is
of course a rather serious matter
as well, and surely involves  discussion of ethics and journalistic practice,
addressed for example in Christian
Caryl's article in the New York Review of Books, January 13, 2011 (Why
WikiLeaks Changes Everything)

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011/jan/13/why-wikileaks-changes-everything/

Incidentally, reading this issue of New York Review of Book was baffling,  it
begins with a review of
George W. Bush's "Decicion Points"  (and what he remembers as decisive), then
moves to the myth of Cleopatra,
and then to Annie Cohen-Solal's biography of the art dealer Leo Castelli ("Leo
and his Circle").
(http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011/jan/13/very-wily-believer/)

Here again i am not sure I'd follow Christina when it is suggested that:
>>  Living inefficiently might be seen as a form of rebellion. And what
could be more inefficient than art-making? ?

Reading about Castelli and the artists who painted (for his gallery and
dealership) -  most efficient and most rewarding, one gathers.

regards
Johannes Birringer

Christina schreibt:

Thanks, Julian! I look forward to checking out the sites.  In fact,
there is no way to be sure that any of us is experiencing the same site
unless we do side by side comparisons because we have yet to have a
trusted platform. (That doesn't prevent people from trusting....)  This
comes up whenever the issue of Internet voting is raised and underlies
arguments against on-line adjudication.