Johannes

From: Scott Taylor [fs...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:08 PM

Hello:

SPEED UP LEADS TO SLOW DOWN AS IN GRID-LOCK:  HYPER [wave] LEADS TO HYPO
[particle]:  THESE ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE BUT MUTUALLY INCLUSIVE ASPECTS OF
TIME, SPACE, MASS AND WEIGHT [inertia]:

 A propos the late, great Marshall McLuhan, in the year of his centenary: with
electronic computerized speed-up there is no social group, no age group, no
private, no public, et cetera.  There is only a bathetic attempt to validate
the last orgasm relative to the next orgasm.

As a result, there is currently a growing movement slated towards activism
involving the deceleration of techno-culture.  The more complex the cognitive
problem the longer it takes to solve it.  Some forms of reflection demand
meditative states of psycho-physiological habitation.  When meditating at gamma
brain wavelengths there is greater connectivity and entrainment of cognition
toward transparent states involving cerebral “binding” or the seeming
transparency of all phenomena.   All of the neurological and other
communicational connectives in the human body move electrically at about the
speed of sound, and are whacked out of human prospective by communications
moving more rapidly.   Sonic boom is possibly what has led to electromagnetic
bust when it comes to techno-culture.

Ours is an age which privileges instantaneous forms of communication and of
accelerated discovery with the caveat that the far greater bulk of discoveries
are not implemented or synthesized into any whole, process or pattern except in
terms of political-economic and techno-cultural imperatives.  Some have
suggested, like the late Barbara Tuchman and Jane Jacobs, this results, in
essence, with a new time-less, space-less dark age.  It is a dark age in part
because the holistic observation, intellection and implementation which are the
result of longer forms of duration are ignored.

Take for example the findings of scientists at the Gran Sasso and Opera
(Oscillation Project with Emulsion-tRacking Apparatus) that there are neutrinos
which have been detected as traveling sixty-billionths of a second faster than
the speed of light.  That finding raises the possibility of sending information
back in time, hence, destroying all notions of universal causality.  So what
would it mean to destroy universal causality at speeds greater than light
speed?  What possible advantage could that hold for a biome?

Also, there is no such thing as a personal identity or self which isn’t
constructed apart from environmental interactions, properties of association
and dissociation, as well as social, cultural and historical events.  The major
purveyor of such interaction is human language.  Whatever distorts, displaces
and/or transforms language phenomenology does the same with any sense of
personal identity or self, as well as the status quo and all forms of myth and
consensus.  Each new telecommunications medium distorts, displaces and/or
transforms the communication of percepts, concepts, and social constructs and
customs, including general human mores, in other words, conventions that embody
the fundamental values of any group.

What is troubling is that there really isn’t any such thing as a culture when
we are talking about speed-up and digitalization.  What happens is that the
whole takes on the aspects of the universal but without any standards or scales
of being with which to measure its qualities and quantities with any meaningful
resonation.  There isn’t any Piaget available to monitor normal ontological and
epistemological developments.  For example, Sherry Turkle’s attempt to plot new
notions of psycho-physiological pathology involving electro-digital
computational communication devices is pathetic.  Ours is an age of value
judgments without any values.  Notions of ethics or morality are obsolete.  The
Thought Police won’t be able to think with any kind of authenticity, authority
or autonomy.  Autopoiesis?   Give me a break.

The internet is often referred to as the engineered digital superstructure for
a supernatural tactility, when in fact it is post-sound or
post-audile-tactility.  The illusion and delusion of the internet is that we
are able to reach out and touch or experience what we would not be able to do
so otherwise.  Of course, in terms of commonsense this is true, but in terms of
the counter-intuitive, internet experience is nonsense and false because it is
decontextual, or sans time and sans space.  What is skin when it is neither
discovered in time nor explored in space?

With the introduction of telecommunications technologies, there is no longer
any common causal measure for patterns of consensus relating to psychology,
physiology, sociology, culture and scientific advance.  There is the illusion
and delusion that problems occurring in one context can be solved by beings
experiencing another context.

Also, there is a troubling new development regarding normal
psycho-physiological co-ordination and orchestration involving the ability to
bring the senses and the muscularity behind sensibility to an appropriate
closure, as in “Stop, Look and Listen”, as in teaching the mind-brain-body to
decelerate without causing injury or harm.  Find the following an illustration
of this as – I hypothesize – instantaneous, non-stop, non-look, non-listen
electronic digitalization desensitizes the body toward taking any contextual
stand, whether grounded or not [emphasis added]:
Deceleration Mechanics: A Lost Art
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/deceleration_mechanics.htm
By Jason Riddell, Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, American University
“No, I am not talking about the grease monkey at your local garage who just
FUBAR’ed your brake job and now your car sounds like it’s grinding steel on
steel as you approach a red light. I am writing this article because my
experience of late has shown that the ability of my athletes to decelerate
their body weight, then use that potential energy and translate it back into
kinetic energy accelerating out of a jump or turn has been lost. This problem
is something that I have had to address with the high prevalence of ACL
injuries especially within my female population.
“First a little background, the sports with the highest occurrence of ACL
injuries for female athletes are in order gymnastics, soccer, basketball, field
hockey, volleyball, lacrosse, and then softball. For men, it is close between
football and wrestling. According to the 1999 article by M.L. Ireland women are
2 to 8 times more likely to have an injury than men. You may be asking why? The
answer is comprised of a multitude of intrinsic factors such as “hormonal
influences, intercondylar notch width, joint laxity, limb alignment, muscle
strength, neuromuscular activation, ligament size and extrinsic factors such as
excessive shoe-surface interface friction, sports activity,
training/conditioning level and equipment (4).” With all these variables the
ones we as strength and conditioning coaches can control the best for our male
and female athletes are lower limb alignment, muscle strength, neuromuscular
activation and training/conditioning level. I will come back to this later but
let’s just look at what typically happens when the ACL tears.
“Commonly, the athlete runs, suddenly stops, and then turns, thereby causing a
deceleration of the lower limb, a forced hyperextension of the knee, or a
forced tibial rotation, resulting in injury to the ACL (3).” What I see
typically with my athletes is when jumping they land on the balls of their feet
and end up with their knees out over their toes, then jump back up. This lends
to the majority of the work concentrated on the quads and not letting their
hamstrings, glutes and hips take the majority of the impact force. In simplest
terms they don’t sit back when landing, and that leads to big problems down the
road. “It is the synergistic relationship between the ACL and the hamstrings
that activates to decrease the shear forces at the knee during pivoting and
jumping motions (5).” “In contrast, the quadriceps acts antagonistically to the
ACL, encouraging forward displacement of the tibia relative to the femur. The
contraction force produced by the quadriceps can produce forces in excess of
what the ligament can handle, predisposing a person to ligament tensile failure
(1).” These facts elucidate the two most prevalent problems I see with my
athletes when they enter the program. The first is posterior chain deficiencies
in athletes are so common that I have come to just expect it and know that it
will be a priority in their training program. And second is poor
jumping/deceleration mechanics.”

For the moment I rest my case.

Thank you for your attention,
best regards,