There seems to be an undertow of distress; so let me reframe the
question of artist-as-curator in a different way. It's healthy and
sometimes desirable for artists to be in a "room of their own"
(metaphorically) and then show/share work when it has marinated enough
(in whatever measure: hours, experiments, breathing space). Being a
curator requires being more outward bound, which can break the "slow
time" needed to make work. There's no tautology here, and many artists
manage this balance well (Raqs, Bose Krishnamachari) and in the future
there will probably be more.