penis
1670s, perhaps from Fr. pénis or directly from L. penis "penis," earlier "tail," from PIE *pes-/*pesos- "penis" (cf. Skt. pasas-, Gk. peos, posthe "penis," probably also O.E. fæsl "progeny, offspring," O.N. fösull, Ger. Fasel "young of animals, brood"). The proper plural is penes. The adjective is penial. In psychological writing, penis envy is attested from 1924.

pain from /kwei/, to pay or atone
penis from /pes/, tail...