Dear Empyre,

Definitely a lurker, I moderated a discussion back in 2009!  I worked with Tim
during my undergraduate days at Cornell where I studied Philosophy and Physics,
and more recently with Renate as a visiting critic in the art department at
Cornell. In between, I did an MFA at Goldmiths, in London.

I'm a visual artist based in London and New York. I work primarily in
performance and video to negotiate a formal space between two attitudes of
culture production, one of which we might call sincere, direct or
intersubjective and the other we might call to irony, appropriation, postmodern
or even just critical. I am interested in how the various strategies, tones and
attitudes of appropriation that have developed during the last half-century
shape the possibilities and limitations of an idea of sincerity, and the stakes
of such an idea for the political agency of contemporary forms of culture
production.

Recent and forthcoming solo projects include Public Access Television with a
World Systems Pattern of Understanding at The Woodmill GP, London, Near To The
Andes at the National University of Colombia, Bogota and How To Read World
Literature at The Public School, New York. Recent and forthcoming group
projects include Wendel! Open Your Door at Cafe Gallery and Projects, London,
The Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Flat Time House London, AIM Biennial,
Bronx Museum of Art, New York, Of Many, Oneā€¦ at Scaramouche Gallery, New York,
No Soul For Sale at Tate Modern, London, Bloomberg New Contemporaries at the
ICA, London and the Institute for Aesthetic Research at Exit Art, New York.

View a video of my performance Public Access Television within a World Systems
Pattern of Understanding here:
http://www.danielp73.com/world/

View my website here:
http://www.danielp73.com