Dear all
I contributed to the discussion on 'deceleration' in 2011 and have been
doing a bit of 'lurking' since then!
I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank everyone and also to draw
your attention to a Ning website I manage that focusses on arts/science
interactions, http://watchingdance.ning.com/.
The membership is global and I'm keen to make sure it stays up to date with
events, calls for papers etc in the arts/science field, especially but not
exclusively concerning the performing arts and dance.
Thanks again
Dee

Bio

Dee Reynolds is Professor of French at the University of Manchester. Her
research background is in French poetry, abstract painting and comparative
aesthetics, and her current topic of research is modern and contemporary
dance, especially dance audiences and kinesthetic empathy. She has written
two books, *Rhythmic Subjects: Uses of Energy in the Dances of Mary Wigman*,
* Martha Graham and Merce Cunningham* (Dance Books, 2007) and *Symbolist
Aesthetics and Early Abstract Art: Sites of Imaginary Space* (Cambridge
University Press, 1995). She also co-edited, with Matthew Reason, *Kinesthetic
Empathy in Creative and Cultural Practices *(Intellect/Chicago, 2012) and
with Penny Florence, *Feminist Methodologies: Multi-Media* (Manchester
University Press, 1995). She is guest editor of a Special Issue of *Forum
for Modern Language Studies*, ‘Evaluating Dance: Discursive Parameters’
(October 2010); co-editor, with Corinne Jola and Frank Pollick, of an
online Special Issue of *Dance Research*, ‘Dance and Neuroscience – New
Partnerships’ (2011), and co-editor, with Matthew Reason, of a Special
Issue of *Participations, *‘Screen Dance Audiences’ (2010). Her work has
appeared in numerous edited collections and journals, including *Body and
Society, Body, Space and Technology Journal*, *Dance Research*, and *Dance
Research Journal*. From 2008-2011 she was Principal Investigator of
‘Watching Dance: Kinesthetic Empathy’, a collaborative, interdisciplinary
project funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council. This project
maintains a legacy website (www.watchingdance.org) and led to an
interactive site focussing on arts/science interactions (
http://watchingdance.ning.com) with members from 33 countries across 5
continents. The project also led to the setting up of Manchester Dance
Consortium, of which Dee Reynolds is a founding member (
http://www.dansortiummcr.org/).

--
Dee Reynolds

dee.reyno...@manchester.ac.uk