Hi everyone,

I just joined empyre today and am very much looking forward to
reading/joining the discussions here—submitting my bio now as I just saw
the call for bios when I joined a couple of hours ago, hope it's not too
late. :)

My most recent projects include:

1. *Praxis*, which is about the intertwined relationship between my visual
work, objects, my queer embodiment, and the development of all of these
through close readings of philosophy, social theory, and queer theory.
http://meganbigelow.com/praxis

2. *RGB: You and Me*, a project based on the intersections of
representation, color, popular imagery, affect, and the social, situated
within Google's image search
http://meganbigelow.com/statements/rgb-you-and-me

And my bio:

Megan Bigelow is a queer visual artist and writer who works primarily with
objects, large format photography, a flatbed scanner, new media, and
concepts. Some of her artistic and philosophical interests include affect,
queerness, materiality, topology, desire, synesthesia, spatiotemporality,
embodiment, power, coproduction, play, energy, and networks.

She is interested in how bodies—not specifically human bodies, but rather,
entities—are continually both produced and producing, and what are the
cultural and political implications of this line of thinking, particularly
within the production of works of art and the dynamics of experiencing a
work of art?

She is interested in a certain kind of triangulation: that which occurs
between artist, artwork, and viewer—and what each one of these agents
brings to the event of the interaction/creation and the larger-smaller
worlds that are continuously inhabited-disinhabited.

She graduated from The Massachusetts College of Art and Design in 2007,
with a BFA in Photography. Her work has been shown in the Danforth Museum
of Art's New England Photography Biennial, and is held in private
collection.

She currently lives in New York City.

Megan

--