Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all of you for such interesting posts, I've been enjoying them
immensely! I have a few questions for everyone, but perhaps especially Oron
and Adam Z.

I wonder if part of the affirmative biopolitics sought for last week might
be be found in the ethics, and pragmatics, of caring for the semi-living
and workhorses of BioArt?

Oron, you've written elsewhere the importance of care of the semi-living,
which has come up in relation to _Victimless Leather_. I wonder if you
might say more about this, especially in terms of ethics. Is there an
ethics of care embedded in the practices of BioArt, even if death looms
high?

Adam Z, your work often seems to deal directly with the ethics while
postulating new vectors of ethical perspectives available in BioArt. How
does care fit in with your work, even if you have "blood on your hands"? It
seems to me that _Workhorse Zoo_ and your research into behavioral
enrichment have much to say about care and ethics.

Finally, I am interested in the connection between aesthetics and ethics
for all of you. As Tim mentioned last week we may need to change "off-the-peg
ethics and politics" to move beyond anthropocentrism. Can an aesthetics of
BioArt (what would that be?) offer an alternative to off-the-peg ethics?
Where does care fit into BioArt's ethics?

Best-
Tyler

--
http://www.tylersfox.com/blog
http://twitter.com/tylersfox

“It's impossible to move, to live, to operate at any level without leaving
traces, bits, seemingly meaningless fragments of personal information.” ~
William Gibson