From: empyre-boun...@lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au
[empyre-boun...@lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au] on behalf of Nell Tenhaaf
[tenh...@yorku.ca]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 11:31 AM
To: soft_skinned_space
Subject: Re: [-empyre-] ah, aesthetics

Michele, there are a lot of ways to approach the expansion of aesthetics, some
examples I like: Brian Massumi on event-based "lived abstraction"; Jennifer
Fisher on the non-visual senses; Margaret Morse on "viewer-turned-participant"
going back to 1970s interactivity. I've just been looking at the material Oron
referred to, found the really interesting Introspective Self-Rapports: Shaping
Ethical and Aesthetic Concepts 1850-2006, by Katrin Solhdju that includes Neal
White's work and some "bottom-up aesthetics" basics. -Nell

On 2013-09-12, at 3:21 PM, Michele Danjoux wrote:

> Hello Oron and Nell,
>
> Just enjoying reading your posts. I am finding the discussion fascinating
> thank you and was wondering what kinds of references might be ones to look at
> on aesthetics aside of "the heavyweights of aesthetic philosophy?"
>
> Thank you
> Michele

 in