On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Itamar Heim <ih...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/14/2012 06:49 PM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:

>>> rhev-m mostly uses the activex/xpi wrappers.
>>> cc-ing spice-devel on command line invocation (or client integrating
>>> with the REST API).
>>>
>>> one thing you will need is to call the engine via the API to set the
>>> "ticket" (password) of the VM, to pass to the client.
>>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/rhev-**api-labs/source/browse/python/**spice/<http://code.google.com/p/rhev-api-labs/source/browse/python/spice/>
>> is a fairly old example written for RHEV 2.2 based on the powershell
>> RHEV-M API, but I don't think this really changed.
>>

> actually, i just saw the ovirt cli has a console launch option.
> michael - does it launch spice as well, or only vnc?

So I am assuming that building this connection up in a linux terminal on
Ovirt is more or less equal to setting it up using RHEV, but is that not
the case? Also what michael posted looks good, but I will need to wait
before I can actually dig into that code. In the end I am hoping to just
launch X and then launch the spicec session.