Intended to be would maybe be more appropriate, and then the statement
would still apply. With that being said, I'm sorry to hear that it has
changed, you guys should be spanking b0rokers more, don't let them
win.

Regardless of that, as said on IRC, the reason why we do trunk
(master) based development is that we all run master all the time and
thus test as many configurations as possible all the time. I don't see
why we need a rolling-branch that is more stable (master in the
gitflow terminology) than the development trunk, because we'll all
just switch to develop and that's it.
Andy claims that there are compelling cases. I've read some blog posts
over the years about it, and I'm not convinced.

--
Tom.